Wednesday, July 18, 2012

7/18/12

I had a great workout today. I've been partying a lot and taking it easy mentally. It has been good, but I'm excited for school to start and to get back in 100% hard work mode. Despite not putting a huge effort outside the gym (not resting enough; drinking often) I'm still making progress and putting in 100% in my training sessions. Today was great, I felt strong, but ran really slow. Overall great; looked like this:

5 Sets @ 60 Seconds rest:
8 Dead-hang Pull-ups
4 Kipping HPSU

Rest 5 minutes then...

EMOM 15 minutes: 1 x Power Snatch (180#)

Rest 10 minutes then....

On a 20 Minute Clock:
1 Mile Run
-Remaining time AMRAP 'Cindy'

7:00 mile + 10 rounds and 5 squats.

I felt strong on the HSPU which was awesome. I also felt really strong on the power snatch. Last November (8 months ago) in competition my 1 RM power snatch was 175#. To hit 180# 15 times in a row was awesome. The mile run was the slowest mile I've ever ran in my life, but it was 100 degrees out and I was taxed from the snatching. The 'Cindy' went well. This was the first WOD ever that I've done all butterfly pull-ups. After seeing Talayna Fortunato's 'Fran' at the games I decided I'm going to commit to doing butterfly pull-ups always. This messed my hands up a bit, but I'll get over it. Overall an awesome day. The Games were inspiring to watch, motivated as ever for this next year of training and competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment