Tuesday, July 10, 2012

7/9/12

I was able to program for myself again today. It ended up being awesome. To be completely transparent about today, I was a little hungover. I don't think I've actually worked out hungover in over a year; I'm usually much smarter about my decisions. But considering it's summer and my 'off-season' I'll let this slide. Despite the fact I was a little dehydrated, I had an awesome training session.

EMOM for 10 Minutes: 2 x Dead-lift @ 400# (unbroken sets each minute)

Rest 20 minutes then....

EMOM for 10 Minutes: 2 x Power Clean @ 225# + 6 KB Swings @ 72# (TnG cleans, unbroken sets each minute)

Rest 10 minutes then...

2 RFT:
30 Hang Power Snatch (75#)
30 Push-Press (75#)
800m Run

14.39. The last metcon took a little longer than I thought it would, I was trashed from the EMOM lifting. I tried the 400# dead-lift double EMOM/10m back in January and failed halfway through. I was happy I got it today and that I felt really strong. This was my 1 rep max about 14 months ago. Pretty stoked to be able to pull this 20 times in 10 minutes. The power cleans and swings went well; high intensity stuff. Overall an extremely productive and challenging session. This is what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment