Friday, July 13, 2012

7/13/12

I'm down in SoCal for the games. Worked out with my buddy and another great athlete at Crossfit Hollywood. Solid session. This trip/week is a de-load for me. I haven't backed off on the volume since right after regionals. Between not eating or sleeping enough and drinking a ton while training hard, my body needs it. Took the last 3 days off and had an awesome session today. The trainer at CFHW put something together on the spot. It was a lot of volume and had my biggest weaknesses in it (ring dips and HSPU). Overall solid session with great people; it looked like this: 

EMOM for 10 minutes: 2 Muscle-ups 

Rest 5 minutes then... 

21-18-15-12-9-6-3 - Ring Dips
3-6-9-12-15-18-21 - Toes-to-bar 

16.05. Ring dips were brutal after the muscle-ups. 

Rest 10 minutes then... 

AMRAP 15 minutes: 

5 Push-Jerk (175#)
7 Box Jumps (24")
9 C2B Pull-ups 

6 rds + 4 PJ

Rest 10 minutes then... 

AMRAP 12 minutes: 

10 Squat Clean (95#)
5 HSPU 

4 rds + 1 HSPU 

Brutal. All the HSPUs were singles for me. These were extremely difficult after the ring dips and push-jerks. This was a great session. I didn't feel very good, but I stepped up and went as hard as possible. I'm excited for school to start and get back to regular sleeping/eating/training habits/no alcohol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment