Saturday, November 10, 2012

11/10/12

This has kind of been a weird week. I've lowered my caloric intake a lot; I'm leaner and stronger than I've ever been, but I haven't felt recovered this entire week. Tuesday took a hell of a lot out of me and I think I've just been under-eating for the training volume I've been doing.

I was still sore today, but once I got warm everything felt good. Today was amazing, we got together with another box and there were 18 teams of 4 people. It was really cool, we did a WOD at the first box, then a 1.6 mile run with a 53# KB to another box and then did another workout. It was a really fun way to train and meet some new people. Really solid day, nothing crazy in the WODs. I felt really good aerobically and my HSPU felt great/better than ever. 

WOD #1
3 RFT:
300m Row
15 Hang Squat Clean (95#)
15 Burpees
15 Pull-ups 

-Teams of 4, each person must go through the entire WOD, not switching to the next movement until the team mate ahead of them finishes. This was a cool workout, I felt really good. We got second place in this workout, by 4 pull-ups, only a few seconds. 

Straight into... 

WOD #2
1.6 Mile Run with a 53# KB 

-This took our team ~15:30. I think we did that faster than every other team, but I'm not sure. 

-Rest 20 minutes after the run then... 

WOD #3
3 Rounds @ 60 seconds intervals at each station, for max reps:
HSPU
Box Jumps (24")
KB Swings (53#)
Rest

-Our team won this event by a lot of reps. Great stuff. I got 13/11/9 on the HSPU. I was actually happy about this, I've never done 13 unbroken HSPU. The box jumps and KB swings were money, my lungs feel awesome. 

Overall a very fun Saturday morning with great people. I love the community element of Crossfit. Such great people! Excited to rest tomorrow and train this week and then a competition next weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment