Tuesday, November 13, 2012

11/13/12

Today was another rough day in the gym. I felt great when I was warming up, but once I got to working sets I felt weak-ish. I felt great on the metcon. But I'm pissed I didn't PR, it just wasn't there.

Back Squat - 1 RM
-While warming up 315# felt a little heavy, went for 365 and 385#. They felt heavy as well, missed 405#. This would have been a 5# PR. I just didn't have it. Knees came in and chest came down, not a good rep. I was extremely upset about this. I could have killed someone. Overall a very rough feeling. I hate failure. I missed 405# the last time  maxed this out in September. I don't understand how I hit 375# for a triple two weeks ago and now I can't handle 405# for a single. I'm in a rut; I need to take a step back from training and not max out anything for a while.

Rest 10 minutes then...

For time:
12-9-6
Front Squat (250#)
Muscle-up
-Athletes cannot use a rack, must clean bar from the floor

About 9 and half minutes on this WOD. Overall a ridiculous and challenging WOD. Today was a rough day, I haven't felt this 'crappy' in the gym in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment