Monday, November 19, 2012

11/19/12

Today was the best I've felt in over 2 weeks. I've been eating a lot more, and a lot more non-paleo stuff. The extra rest is helping too. I need to back off from maxing out, lower my volume and get more consistent with my performance. Having said that, today was exactly what I needed, the best session I've had in a while. I'm glad I grinded through feeling like shit and I'm back in a good place mentally.

Snatch - 12 Singles @ 175#, 60-90 seconds rest.

-These felt light and I felt really fast. Went for speed and technique, great stuff.

Power Clean and Jerk - Worked up to two singles at 245#. I haven't done these in months. Zero pain, felt fast and strong. Really excited about this.

Rest 10 minutes then...

For time:
5 Rope Climbs (15 ft)
10 Wall-ball
4 RC
15 WB
3 RC
20 WB
2 RC
25 WB
1 RC
30 WB

9.03.

Rest 2 minutes then...

3 minute AMRAP:
-Bar Muscle-ups
1+2+2+3+3+5 = 16 reps. I eased into these. 5 unbroken is a new PR. I think there is a lot more there on this movement. I haven't been training them much at all. Great day in the gym. Stoked to train tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment