Monday, November 26, 2012

11/27/12

Today was a little disappointing, but overall a solid time in the gym.

'Fran'
21-15-9
Thrusters (95#)
Pull-ups

3.08. This is not a PR. But considering yesterday's training I am wholly at ease with not PRing today. Also, I am happy that today was the first time I've ever done 'Fran' with butterfly pull-ups. Last year I did this workout in 3.03 with regular gymnastics kipping pull-ups. When I used traditional pull-ups I did the entire WOD unbroken. Today I had to break up the sets of 15/9 pull-ups because my grip just turned off on my butterfly pull-ups. I am happy that I have the technique down of this movement though. I just need to work it more and increase my grip strength and I'll have a sub 2:40. I was planning on training more today, but considering the cough/dizziness after 'Fran' I called it a day. Anytime you don't PR is frustrating, but some days it is just not going to happen even if you give it your all. I was happy with the quality of intensity I got out of this WOD; sometimes the shortest WODs are the best. Excited to train tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment