Saturday, December 1, 2012

12/1/12

Today was a pretty fun day. Went to a competition a few hours away from Chicago. Not too many athletes, only 26. There were supposed to be more but because of a venue change many athletes canceled. The ones that did show up were for the most part very talented. Steep competition and a tough environment. I really liked it.

Event 1
'Nasty Girls' (Variant)
3RFT:
15 Front Squats (135#)
7 Muscle-ups
10 Hang Power Cleans (135#)

My time was ~8.40. Took 11th overall in the event. I was keeping a very solid pace until the 3rd round. The last set of muscle-ups rocked me, really had to break them up. I'm glad I got the first set of MU's unbroken, I think that's the most unbroken muscle-ups I've ever done.

Rest 90 minutes then...

Event 2
3 Minutes to establish a 1 RM Strict Press
-Opened with 165#, then went 175# (PR tie), then set a 10# PR with a 185# strict press. I was extremely stoked about this, especially since my elbow has been injured and I haven't been pressing at all.

-Tied for 11th in the event.

Rest 30 minutes then...

Event 3
AMRAP 20 Minutes:
10 Pull-ups
15 Push-ups
20 Squats

9 rd + 15 squats. I took 24th of 26. This is probably the lowest I've placed in a workout in a long time. My push-ups just went out and were not there. It didn't help that I got a TON of no reps because I wasn't touching my nipples to the floor, I've never seen the 'nipple standard' before (was making contact with my upper chest/above the nipple area). At the end of first day I ended up 15th of 26th. Not very solid, but I'm still very happy about my PR strict press, PR max muscle-ups and the stiffness of the competition.

Overall a fun day with some great people.

No comments:

Post a Comment