Saturday, October 12, 2013

10/12/13


Today was pretty epic. This workout dominated my body. It was a grinder. In recap: My toes-to-bar are solid. My C2B pull-ups are getting decent. The thrusters schooled me. I haven't been doing very many thrusters. The HSPU were tough, but considering the overall volume of work, I was happy with my performance. I did not do any singles on the HSPU. I'm not 'good' by any means, but I'm improving and thats what matters. I'm excited to rest! I need some good time off and I'm excited to start anew come Monday morning. Anyway, today looked like this:


Keep a running clock for all portions of this workout.

A.
Three rounds for time of:
Double-Unders x 40 reps
Toes to Bar x 15 reps

2.41. Unbroken aside from 1 missed double-under on the second set.

B.
When the clock hits 5:00, perform the following:
Three rounds for time of:
15 Thrusters (135/95 lbs)
20 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups

17.30 - 5.00 = 12.30.

C.
When the clock hits 20:00 (*this was supposed to be 15:00, but I didn't make the time cap and wan't to get all the work in) perform the following:
Three rounds for time of:
15 Deadlifts (245/175 lb)
20/15 Handstand Push-Ups

39.40 - 20:00 = 19.40. The last set of 20 HSPUS took me over 6 minutes. I had to grind them out, my muscular endurance just went out. After the thrusters I was dying. Huge effort though, and I didn't have to resort to singles. Tough day. Getting better.

Post-WOD:
Band Tricep Push-downs
5 Sets of 10 (green band, from the highest pull-up bar I could find in my gym)

No comments:

Post a Comment