Monday, October 21, 2013

10/21/13


I drank on Saturday night for the first time in about a month. I've got drank about 5 times since OCS. I kind of lost my desire to party via OCS. It's just not as fun for whatever reason anymore; I feel like OCS really refocused a lot of my goals and priorities and partying is just at odds with the lifestyle I want to live. I was at a wedding and attempted to enjoy it as much as possible, but I get some severe guilt from drinking alcohol. I just know it messes up recovery and athletic performance so much, it's just not worth it. I plan on not drinking again until after the semester is over, maybe I'll throw a few back at the Marine Corps Birthday Ball. Anyway, I always hate that guilty feeling of getting back in the gym Monday after a weekend with lack of sleep/drinking. I really hate it. I tried to go as hard as possible today, everything felt decent despite my self-deprecation. I'm looking forward to sticking toward my goals and staying consistent in and outside the gym over the next few months as I finish out this semester and then head home for Christmas.

A.
Five sets of:
Snatch x 1.1.1
(rest 10 seconds between singles)
Rest as needed
-1 Set at 175#, 3 Sets at 185#

B.
Five sets of:
Snatch-Grip Romanian Deadlift x 6 reps @ 4011
Rest as needed
-Complete at 225#

C.
Against a 2-Minute running clock, complete as many rounds and reps as possible of:
5 Handstand Push-Ups
5 Toes to Bar
5 Ring Dips
Rest 60 seconds between sets and complete a total of five sets (10 minutes of work).
-2 rounds, 2 rounds, 1 round + 4 HSPU, 1 round + 3 HSPU, 1 round + 2 HSPU
-I was trying to go for 2 rounds every time, but my HSPU starting going out. Solid work.

No comments:

Post a Comment