Monday, October 28, 2013

10/28/13

I felt a little beat up today. Yesterday was taxing. I kept the lifting on the lighter side; this is the first time I've had to do this since starting this programming. But doing yesterday's WOD when I was supposed to do it on Saturday is probably a factor in this. The HSPUs were rough. I was actually feeling really good on them so I tried to PR my max HSPUs. I tied my PR for a total of 18. Considering the barbell work beforehand and yesterday's volume, I was happy with a PR tie. I consider this an improvement and I'm confident I will set a 'true' PR soon. The last set of 25 had some doubles and singles in it. Rough, had to grind it out. I hope I feel more recovered tomorrow and that the programming gives my shoulders a freaking break!

Five sets of:
Snatch Balance + Overhead Squat
Rest 2-3 minutes
Build load over the course of the five sets.
135#, 185#, 215#, 215#, 215#
-Went light

B.
Five sets of:
3-Position Snatch
(high hang, just above the knee, 2″ off the ground – this is below the knee and approximately 2″ off the ground)
Rest 2-3 minutes
135#, 135#, 155#, 155#, 155#
-Went light

C.
Three rounds for time of:
25 Handstand Push-Ups
50 Double-Unders
-Complete, did not time.

D.
Three sets of:
GHD Sit-Ups x 20 reps
Rest 30 seconds
-Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment