Saturday, October 5, 2013

10/5/13


Today ended up being a great workout, although today was the first time I've trained alone in a while. Training alone sucks, but I went HAM anyway. I also added in some dead-lifting at the end of today's session. I'm liking this programming a lot so far, I just want to dead-lift and strict press more. I will add in strict pressing next week if there isn't any programmed. I'm excited to rest tomorrow and it hard come Monday morning.

A.
Three sets, not for time, of:
Double-Unders x 40 reps
Toes to Bar x 10 reps
-Complete, there were supposed to be muscle-ups in there, but my left pec is too tender to get on the rings. I started to warm-up with some dips and it hurt too much.

B.
Back Squat
* Set 1 – 5 reps @ 75% (255#)
* Set 2 – 3 reps @ 85% (285#)
* Set 3 – 1 rep @ 90% (300#)
* Set 4 – 5 reps @ 85% (285#)
* Set 5 – 3 reps @ 93% (315#)
Rest 2-3 minutes between sets.
-Felt solid.

C.
For time:
Row 1000 Meters
50 Back Squats (135/95 lbs)
50 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
12.30. This was really rough. I came off the rower in 3:40, I tried to pace it. The squats were unbroken. That was a huge effort, I really wanted to quit and break up the set. But my goal for this workout was to not break up that set. I was toasted for the C2B pull-ups. I don't even remember how I broke these up. There was a set of 2 in there though. Rough shit. Really great workout; despite still sucking at kipping pull-ups, I'm getting them back.

Rest 15 minutes then...

EMOM 10: 5 Dead-lifts @ 315#
-Complete, felt strong. The last few sets were brutal.

No comments:

Post a Comment