Friday, February 21, 2014

2/21/14

AM Workout (0500)

Today was the shittiest day of training I've had in a long time. Yeah I missed some lifts on Monday, but that was a given due to the weekend competition. Today was just me being shitty at crossfit. I haven't been this pissed off in a long time. I've been completely successful in my professional and academic life and I hate feeling like a failure because of my fitness. I ripped my hands really bad during Part A, went on to do part B and I just fucked it all up. I did worse than last year despite that I'm leaner and stronger than last year. I hate the feeling of finishing a workout and not feeling 100% spent. I just felt pissed about my hand bleeding everywhere, being a pussy on the second set of C2B pull-ups because of my hands and not being able to PR.

A.
For Max Reps:
60 Seconds of Bar Muscle-Ups
Rest 60 seconds
60 Seconds of Handstand Push-Ups
Rest 60 seconds
2 Minutes of Double-Unders
Rest 60 seconds
60 Seconds of Handstand Push-Ups
Rest 60 seconds
60 Seconds of Bar Muscle-Ups

MU1 – 9 reps (6/3)
HSPU1 – 18 reps
DU – 157 reps
HSPU2 – 13 reps
MU2 – 9 reps (7/2 - PR)

Rest exactly 25 minutes from the completion of the A portion, and then complete the following…

B.
“CrossFit Open Event 13.5″
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 4 minutes of:
15 Thrusters (100/65 lbs)
15 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups

If 90 reps (3 rounds) are completed under 4 minutes, time extends to 8 minutes.
If 180 reps (6 rounds) are completed under 8 minutes, time extends to 12 minutes.

-78 reps (2 rds + 3 C2B Pull-ups) - PR is 85 (2 rds + 10 C2B).

Round One: I got the first round in :56 unbroken.

Round Two: 2nd set of thrusters unbroken, then shit hit the fan. I got 3 C2B pull-ups into the second round and the the existing tear I had tore even further and started bleeding everywhere. I immediately slipped off the bar with my left hand due to the amount of blood. Tried to cover it up with chalk, didn't really help. I don't even remember how I broke this up, I think it was a set of 7 then 5.

Round Three: 7/8 Thrusters, got 3 C2B pull-ups in the last few seconds.

-After writing about this I feel a little better about it. I think I have the fitness to improve over last year, this tear just shit on my day. I have set a ton of PRs this year and I feel great. This was just a shit day. I hate having a glaring weakness / 'nemesis' workout. This workout shit on me last year and shit on me today. I need to be better at this. I'm hesitant to add in extra volume on top of what is programmed for me, but I may be putting in extra thrusters/C2Bs in the near future.

C.
Airdyne 12:00 Easy

-Complete, didn't calculate anything out.

Tomorrow is another day... every day counts.

PM workout (1100)

I was so pissed about this morning that I didn't really want to do much else aside from workout again. I needed to blow off some more steam. I felt great during my second session. I just did what was programmed on my gym's main board. I altered the first part, did one-arm DB snatch instead of regular power snatch because I had just done the regular version of this workout about a month ago.

AMRAP 10:
30 Double-unders
15 One-arm Alternating DB Snatch (75#)

-6 Rounds + 4 DB Snatch. Great effort, solid stuff.

Rest 10 minutes then...

For time:
75 Wall-ball
35 Sumo-dead-lift High Pull
25 Pull-ups
15 Over-the-bar Burpees

-5.57. Wall-balls unbroken, 20/10/5 SDHP, 15/5/5 PU, Burpees at 100%. Big effort here too, felt great. I was glad I got some more work in today. It wasn't planned, but I needed to get my mind off this morning's earlier session.

No comments:

Post a Comment