Thursday, February 27, 2014

2/27/14

Active Recovery around 0900. Body feels good.

-30 Minutes mobility

-30 Minutes super easy airdyne


When the 14.1 workout was announced, I just felt kind of underwhelmed. I really don't like this workout much, it's kind of silly. A lot of crossfit workouts are just kind of silly. Does it really matter that someone gets another few double-unders than someone else? Does that really separate two people out much in the bigger picture of fitness? I guess the novelty of timed exercise has entirely left my mind and crossfit generally is getting a little boring to me. Having said that, I don't want to be misunderstood, I freaking love crossfit. But as an athlete and Marine Officer I want to be very strong and conditioned. But I don't think getting 10 rounds in this workout vs. someone else getting 10 rounds plus 14 double-unders tells much about a person or how physically fit they are. And these Open workouts are not meant to separate out people, regionals does that very well. I guess just the novelty of all this has entirely worn off. But I guess everything in life can't always be fun and some things should be done out of obligation. So I will participate in the Open with 100% effort.

 I love training. I love training more than I'll ever love competing. Why? Because training is a personal experience and a personal venue to challenge yourself and better yourself. Every day is a new day to better yourself, whether physically, mentally or spiritually. Crossfit is the means to which I better myself physically. I use competition only as a way to better myself and push that little extra that competition might bring out. I have no desire to beat a specific other person, that makes no sense to me. My only competition is my previous effort. Having said that, I want to focus on my goals, my desires and my future. Does that involve being the absolute best at crossfit Open workouts? Maybe not. What it does involve is getting much stronger and staying reasonably conditioned for my professional responsibilities as a leader of United States Marines.

No comments:

Post a Comment