Wednesday, November 12, 2014

11/12/14

Despite only sleeping 5 hours last night, today was a really great workout, been having amazing training sessions recently, but today was on another level. I felt extremely fit. I was definitely attacking the workout, not getting defeated by it. Great stuff. Love that feeling. Really stoked about the dead-lift PR too. It didn't feel too hard and this is my 5th workout in 3 days. Feelin' great, really happy with my fitness right now. Much needed complete rest / ART tomorrow. Stoked to rest and get after Friday / Saturday!

A.
Every 2 minutes, for 12 minutes (6 sets):
Clean & Jerk @ 85% (255#)  of your 1-RM C&J

-Complete, these felt really good today.

B.
Every 2 minutes, for 10 minutes (5 sets) of:
Deadlift
*Set 1 – 8 reps @ 50% (250#)
*Set 2 – 6 reps @ 60% (315#)
*Set 3 – 4 reps @ 70% (365#)
*Set 4 – 2 reps @ 80% (405#)
*Set 5 – 2 reps @ 90% (455#)

Rest 4 minutes then...

*Set 6 – 2 reps @ 95% (475#) - 2 RM PR

-This was supposed to be on the 2 minute, but I needed the extra rest to get the double at 475#. Really glad I got it in though. PRing a major lift during my 5th workout in 3 days = some legit fitness. I love deadlifting barbells.

C.
Every 2 minutes, for 6 minutes (3 sets):
Speed Deadlift x 3 reps @ 70% (365#)

-Complete

D.
Every minute, on the minute, for 30 minutes:
Minute 1 – 10 Strict Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
(if you can’t get 10, work through the whole period and get as many as possible)
Minute 2 – 20 Alternating Reverse Lunges w/KBs (24/16 kg)
Minute 3 – 10 Burpees + 20 Double-Unders

-This was a HUGE improvement from last week. I felt aggressive and confident, it was a great feeling instead of getting my ass handed to me by the workout. So this week I got all the lunges, this was a big mental fight and I only missed 14 of the C2B Pull-ups. Great stuff, feelin' fit! 

Last week (only 8 rounds): 
-3 Full Rounds
-3 Rounds of 8 Strict C2B / 16 Lunges / All burpees + dubs
-3 Rounds of 6 Strict C2B / 16 Lunges / All burpees + dubs

This week (10 rounds): 
-5 Full Rounds
-1 Round of 8 Strict C2B / All Lunges / All burpees + dubs
-4 Rounds of 7 Strict C2B / All Lunges / All burpees + dubs

No comments:

Post a Comment