Monday, November 17, 2014

11/17/14

Today was a rough morning. I felt really tired and generally weak. I've been feeling awesome in the gym lately, but this weekend I didn't eat or sleep enough, plus I might have added in a little too much extra volume last week. I've got a bunch of crazy law school shit going on here as the semester is wrapping up in a month. Just a storm of shit leading to a not so solid day of training. Not the best session and I didn't have as much intensity as I wanted to ... but glad I got the work in. Literally did not want to do the accessory stuff because I was so exhausted, but got it in (this feeling almost never happens to me). At least I was surrounded by my best friends and had fun with them. Looking forward to feeling better tomorrow.

A.
Every 2 minutes, for 10 minutes (5 sets):
Back Squat
*Set 1 – 6 reps @ 65% (285#)
*Set 2 – 4 reps @ 75% (335#)
*Set 3 – 2 reps @ 80% (355#)
*Set 4 – 2 reps @ 85% (375#)
*Set 5 – 1 rep @ 90% (405#)

followed by…

One set of:
Back Squat x Max Unbroken Reps @ 85% (375#)
(athletes are allowed only one full breathing cycle at the top of the lift – exhale, inhale, brace and descend – once more rest is taken at the top, the set is over)

-Only got 4 reps at 375# ... I think 375# is my 5 RM ... so grinding out 4 reps feeling like total shit isn't so bad I guess ...

B.
Three sets of:
Tall Jerks (135#)  x 3 reps

Immediately followed by…

Six sets of:
Jerk with Pause x 4 reps
(Dip and hold for 2 seconds at the bottom of the dip, then drive.)

Rest as needed
Increase by 2% on last weeks results.

-195# x 3 sets
-215# x 3 sets
-Was really trying to focus on speed / position / technique here. Felt really fast, trying to focus on getting lower in my split and getting the barbell behind me in a solid position.

C.
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 4 minutes of:
4 Hang Squat Cleans (205/135 lbs)
4 Muscle-Ups

Rest 4 minutes, and then…

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 4 minutes of:
8 Ground to Overhead (155/105 lbs)
8 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups

-3 rounds + 4 Hang Squat Cleans ... probably could have gotten a few more reps, but was sharing rings ... was doing a little bit of waiting when I could have gotten reps. But still got a good workout out of this. Felt much better here than on A and B.

-2 rounds + 8 Ground to Overhead ... this was rough, C2B unbroken, fast singles on ground to overhead. Scorched my lungs ... was coughing for a good hour after this workout.

D.
Three sets of:
Glute-Ham Raises x 8 reps @ 3011
Rest as needed
Single-Arm DB Row (100#) x 8 reps each @ 2111
Rest as needed

-Complete ... was a struggle to get through ... was just crushed by the workout today. Moving over the PM rowing to tomorrow in hopes I feel better. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment