Wednesday, November 5, 2014

11/5/14

Today was a solid day of training ... didn't feel great, but put the work in. Kind of an average sesh, just tried to push it no matter how tired/sore I felt. VERY MUCH needed rest day tomorrow... can't wait to chill tomorrow and feel refreshed come Friday. This is my fourth day on training... and I could feel it.

A.
Every 2 minutes, for 16 minutes (8 sets):
Clean + Front Squat + Jerk @ 80-85% (240-255#) of your 1-RM C&J

-Used 245# for all sets ... was just going by feel and didn't push the percentages today.

B.
Every 2 minutes, for 10 minutes (5 sets) of:
Deadlift
*Set 1 – 8 reps @ 50% (250#)
*Set 2 – 6 reps @ 60% (315#)
*Set 3 – 4 reps @ 70% (365#)
*Set 4 – 2 reps @ 80% (415#)
*Set 5 – 1 rep @ 93% (465#)

-Complete ... 5th set was supposed to be a double at 450# ... kind of fucked that up ... put a little more weight on the bar and only got the single, didn't attempt the second rep because the first one was so heavy. These didn't feel great today, felt much better last week.

C.
Every 2 minutes, for 6 minutes (3 sets):
Speed Deadlift x 3 reps @ 75% (375#)

-Complete

D.
Every minute, on the minute, for 24 minutes (8 sets):
Minute 1 – 10 Strict Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
(if you can’t get 10, work through the whole period and get as many as possible)
Minute 2 – 20 Alternating Reverse Lunges w/KBs (24/16 kg)
Minute 3 – 10 Burpees + 20 Double-Unders

-This was the first EMOM I've had to scaled (aside from that 9/3/14 workout that was written incorrectly and everyone on the Invictus blog scaled it).
-This is how I broke this up:
-3 Full Rounds
-3 Rounds of 8 Strict C2B / 16 Lunges / All burpees + dubs
-3 Rounds of 6 Strict C2B / 16 Lunges / All burpees + dubs

-I didn't feel great on anything today ... the pull at 465# felt really heavy ... just felt shitty starting the metcon. Pushed it as hard as I could. I'm not used to having to scale stuff, but those lunges and C2B got me bad. Happy that I tried to push it as hard as I could... much needed rest tomorrow. Excited to go hard on Friday and Saturday.

E.
3 Sets:
Reverse Hypers (140#) x 15 reps
Rest 2-3 minutes

-Complete, most weight I've ever done on these, felt solid though.

No comments:

Post a Comment