Saturday, November 15, 2014

11/15/14

Today was an awesome training session. I felt great on everything. I felt really strong on the back squats. I felt fit on the metcon, my goal was get to get through the round, I figured the workout was designed to basically test the ability to get through the work in 20 minutes. Nothing in the workout was specifically challenging / defeating for me, just moved through everything. If I had to say anything that taxed me the most it was the C2B PU ... but not bad and in comparison to how they used to tax me, they felt fucking amazing. Progress is being made and I feel fit, really happy with my training right now. Great day with great people, excited to rest up and attack the the week come Monday.

A.
Every minute, on the minute, for 10 minutes:
Back Squat x 1 rep @ 90-92% (395-405#)

-Hit 405# for all reps ... felt really strong in here. Did 90% last week for 6 reps ... today was also supposed to be 6 minutes, but I was feeling great so hit it for 10. Probably could have gone for 20 with how great these were feeling! Anyway, glad I got this. It's great to be able to bang out 405# on the minute when basically from Summer 2012 to Fall of 2013 I was stuck at 400# and would always miss 405# when I attempted it. Great stuff.

B.
Kill Cliff ECC Online Qualifier Week Three
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 20 minutes of:
50 Wall Ball Shots (20/14 lbs)
50 Double-Unders
40 Box Jumps (24″/20″)
40 Toes to Bar
30 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
30 Bar-Facing Burpees
20 Cleans (145/100 lbs)
20 Jerks (145/100 lbs)
10 Snatches (145/100 lbs)
10 Muscle-Ups

-1 Round + 25 wall-balls

-Wall-balls: unbroken
-DU: Missed a couple, but didn't lose much time here
-Box Jumps: unbroken, bounding
-T2B: 20/10/5/5
-C2B: 10/5/5/5/5
-Burpees: consistent pace, 'unbroken' (no breaks)
-Cleans: singles, some doubles/triples (had really bouncy plates, would have done all singles if I had less bouncy plates, was losing time on doing just singles, so switched to double/triples)
-Jerks: 10/5/5
-Snatches: singles at a consistent pace
-MU: 5/3/2 ... really happy with these, made so much progress on these over the years

-Wall-ball: 10/8/4/3 ... was fucking dying here, so much pain, but so happy to get to the second round

-I was really happy with the outcome of today / my effort. Definitely felt like an athlete toady executing my plan, great stuff. Super solid training, what it's all about.

C.
On a 22 minute clock:

Every 2 minutes for 10 minutes (5 sets):
Pause Bench Press (3 second pause on chest) x 1 rep @ 225#

-Complete, needed a little spot at the top on the 1st rep and the last rep, was happy with my effort though. Pause bench is ridiculously hard, glad I started incorporated it in.

Straight into...

Every 3 minutes for 12 minutes (4 sets):
Sling Shot Bench Press x 10 reps (185#)

-Got 10, 10, 9 (f), 9 (f) ... just couldn't lockout the last rep on the final sets. Was happy with my effort though, really felt these. Solid volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment