Saturday, March 28, 2015

3/28/15

Gave the final Open workout a shot today. I was really happy with my effort, gave it my all, there was nothing else I could have done to have a better time. That is a good feeling. My goal was to get the thrusters unbroken and I achieved that goal, so I was happy about that. I didn't feel great, haven't in a while... but I stilled tried to push it as much as possible. I laid around for a good 30-45 minutes after this workout and was extremely nauseous. I never go THAT hard in training. It really made me wonder how often the top athletes in this sport push it that hard. Multiple times a day? a week? That is mind blowing to me. But maybe if that's all you're doing with your life it isn't as mind boggling. Anyway, glad the Open is over. Was the "worst" Open ever for me. Too much high repetition gymnastics stuff and I didn't feel great and was injured/generally fatigued/overtrained/overstressed. But it's over now and I have a lot of law school / professional stuff to focus on instead of silly little Open style workouts.

For time:
27-21-15-9
Row (calories)
Thrusters

-7:24. Rough workout, big effort. Completely mental to not put the bar down. At the rep of 14 of 21 thrusters and the rep of 10 of 15 I wanted to put the bar down more than anything. The only reason I didn't was because one of my training partners was watching me and pushing me not to drop the bar. Was a fun, but very tough effort. It was nice to completely be in the moment and deal with the pain... lately haven't been able to get in that zone at all, always have too much on my mind. Looking forward to taking a little rest / de-load week and letting my body recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment