Saturday, March 7, 2015

3/7/15

Today was a really great time. I was really happy to improve this workout. It was a devastating workout for me last year ... and the only reason I didn't qualify individually to regionals. To see improvement at something I'm really bad at is a motivating thing. It really made me enjoy crossfit again ... I haven't been for the last couple of weeks. I did the workout at a different gym than my usual one and it was nothing but positive vibes. My score is still not great, but I was happy that I improved and really got the opportunity to push myself. This affected me metabolically a lot different than last year. I was happy that I was all Fran-coughy afterward, not just frustrated and staring at the pull-up bar not being able to do any more reps. Big effort today, was really happy to just get this one over with and move on. There is no way I'll contribute to my gym's top 3 score, so the pressure was off and I just took this as an opportunity to improve over last year. I will get into the 18s on this workout someday! 

A. 
Crossfit Games Open Event 15.2
 Every 3 minutes for as long as possible complete:

From 0:00-3:00
2 rounds of:
10 Overhead Squats (95/65 lbs)
10 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups

From 3:00-6:002 rounds of:
12 Overhead Squats (95/65 lbs)
12 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups

From 6:00-9:002 rounds of:
14 Overhead Squats (95/65 lbs)
14 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups

Etc., following same pattern until you fail to complete both rounds within the 3-minute period.

-196 (4 pull-ups into second set of 16s). I got 141 in last year's open. I will take a 55 rep improvement! C2B pull-ups have been a weakness of mine for a long time. Happy to go hard and see improvement. 

B. 
Every 4 minutes for 28 minutes (7 sets):
500m Row
40 Double-unders
20 HR Push-ups

-Complete, didn't get all the times, but was a very solid workout. Lung felt great.

C.
Bench Press
3 sets of 7 reps (185#)
Rest 2-3 minutes between sets

Sling Shot Bench Press
2 sets of 7 reps (185#)
Rest 2-3 minutes between sets

-This was just for fun ... wanted to get some flat bench in, have been neglecting it during the 'Open season.' Glad I snuck this in, was rough after the 140 push-ups though.

No comments:

Post a Comment