Monday, March 23, 2015

3/23/15

Today was the worst day in the gym I've had in a long time. I really hated being there and I hated doing this workout. I felt like I was doing a workout I've never trained for. I have gotten significantly worse at kipping hand stand push-ups this year (not that I was ever great at them in the first place). Maybe it's because I'm heavier or maybe because I mostly practice strict, but I just felt really heavy and uncomfortable with high repetition kipping hand stand push-ups.

Ever since the Open started I feel out of shape and I never feel good when I train. I rarely look forward to going to the gym. I don't have as much fun doing crossfit as I did in the years past. I really only enjoy getting stronger and that isn't a big component of the "crossfit open."

I basically feel completely burnt out and frustrated. Crossfit "competition" isn't something I enjoy doing anymore. I need to make some big changes for my own well being. I'm tired of training and never getting better. I only get stronger and never actually better at "crossfit." This "sport" has taken a huge bias towards gymnastics in the last year and gymnastics isn't fun for me. Plus law school, bar exam, working at a law firm ... I need exercise to be a release, not something I fucking dread.

Anyway, today looked like this:

A.
Crossfit Games Open 15.4
Complete as many reps as possible in 8 minutes of:

3 handstand push-ups
3 cleans
6 handstand push-ups
3 cleans
9 handstand push-ups
3 cleans
12 handstand push-ups
6 cleans
15 handstand push-ups
6 cleans
18 handstand push-ups
6 cleans
21 handstand push-ups
9 cleans
Etc., adding 3 reps to the handstand push-up each round, and 3 reps to the clean every 3 rounds.
Males: 185 lb.  
Females: 125 lb. Cleans

-59 reps. This is an embarrassing score. There are a lot of times in the past when I could have done a lot more reps on a workout like this. I'm not really sure what happened, I just had zero go in me. I had to break up the handstands a ton ... the biggest set I did unbroken was the set of 6. Last summer I was almost at the point of doing an unbroken kipping 'Dianne' ... but obviously I've gotten way shittier at kipping hand stands since then. I'm so tired of this fucking shit. High repetition kipping gymnastics are the dumbest fucking thing I've ever partaken in.

B.
Every minute, on the minute, for 15 minutes (5 sets each):
Minute 1 – Stationary Lunges with Kettlebell Farmer’s Carry (32/24 kg) x 12 reps
Minute 2 – Toes to Bar x 12 reps
Minute 3 – Bench Press - 70% (185#) x 5 reps 


-Complete ... I was just so pissed off and frustrated from the first workout that I couldn't enjoy this at all. All I wanted to do was get the fuck out of the gym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment