Monday, April 17, 2017

4/18/17

Despite all the adversity/travel/lack of sleep last week and only sleeping about 3.5 hours last night and having a horrible tooth/head/neck ache going on... I forced myself into the gym around 1230 today because we finished up the day early. Glad I got in the gym, not necessarily for my performance, but for being able to step up as an athlete and perform, even if I felt like shit and had very little sleep. Not the best workout, but after the craziness of last week, I was very grateful to get some high intensity lifting and crossfit in.

A.
Every 90 seconds, for 9 minutes (6 sets):
Muscle Snatch x 1 rep
(build over the 6 sets to something heavy for today)

-135# x 3 sets, 165# x 3 sets

B.
Every 90 seconds, for 12 minutes (8 sets):
Hang Snatch + Snatch
Loading per set:
*Sets 1-2 – 75% (185#) with a 2-3 second pause in receiving position after the full snatch
*Sets 3-4 – 80% (195#) with a 2-3 second pause in receiving position after the full snatch
*Sets 5-6 – 85% (205#)
*Sets 7-8 – 90% (225#)

-Complete, only failed the 8th set ... failed both the hang snatch and snatch ... I felt very solid on that first set of 225#, nailing both the hang and full snatch ... but that last interval of 90 seconds went quickly and I ended up missing both of the last lifts ... overall big effort though, given my massive head ache at the time.

C.
Three rounds for time of:
40/30 Calorie Row
30 Kettlebell Swings (32/24 kg)
20 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
10 Strict Handstand Push-Ups

-26:55 ... this took significantly longer than I thought it would ... I had huge transitions (about 1 minute to/from the rower each set ... had to go from an upstairs 'cardio' room to a downstairs area to complete the rest of the workout ... so given this huge transition my time wasn't very fast, but I still got a lot of intensity out of this and enjoyed myself in the gym.

D.
Three sets of:
Sumo Stiff Legged Deadlift (115#) x 12 reps
Rest as needed
Side Lateral Raise (2 x 15# DB) x 10 reps
Rest as needed

-Complete

E.
On a 6:00 running clock (3 sets of):
GHD Plank x :30
Rest :30
Hollow Rock Hold x :30
Rest :30

-Complete ... was pretty thrashed by this point.

F.
ROMWOD

-Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment