Monday, April 3, 2017

4/3/17

AM Workout (0700)

Marine Corps PFT

Pull-ups = 22 - 2 no reps = 20 = 90 points
Sit-ups = 115 = 100 points
Run = 18:51 = 94 points

284 points ... the asshole judging my pull-ups screwed me out of some otherwise good reps... but that is the downside to being judged by a peer for the final PFT at TBS ... fuck it all, only 23 day left of this shit hole. Surprised by how solid I felt on the run, I have barely been running at all and my time only suffered by 5 seconds from the last PFT ... it was a beautiful morning, about 50 degrees and sunny with little wind, great morning for a run.

PM Workout (1700) 

I was extremely tired most of today... mostly because we had extremely boring administrative classes that were presented horribly... but after classes ended I forced myself into the gym and felt great once I started moving. Hit the first workout of the new Invictus Competition cycle that started today... I miss this programming... it is great stuff.

A.
Every 90 for 9 minutes (6 sets):
Muscle Snatch x 1 Rep

then...

Every minute, on the minute, for 12 minutes:
High Hang Snatch x 1 rep @ 70-75% (170-180#)
(pause in the receiving position for 2 seconds)

-Muscle Snatch: 135#, 135#, 155#, 165#, 175#, 185# ... haven't muscled snatched in months ... probably before TBS started? But anyway, glad to hit 185#, always a fun lift to warm-up with.
-High Hang Snatch: 175# x 6, 185# x 6 ... felt really solid here, these felt very light and I felt very fast.

B.
AMRAP 24 Minutes:
20 Calorie Row
7 Strict HSPU
6 Burpees
5 Muscle-ups

-5 Rounds + 6 Burpees ... ROUGH ... this was supposed to be the EMOM below:

EMOM 24 (8 sets):
Min 1 - 20/15 Calorie Row
Min 2 - 7 Strict HSPU
Min 3 - 6 Burpees + 5/3 Muscle-ups

Needless to say... I did one set within the first 3 minutes and then decided on the spot to turn this into an AMRAP. The HSPU caused me a lot of trouble... went 2 sets UB then 5/2 4/3 4/2/1 4/2/1 ... MU were unbroken throughout. Haven't been doing much HSPU work during TBS... primarily because I hate them and I hate this place and I usually use the gym as a way to relieve stress, not cause more of it doing by doing shitty in handstand push-up workouts. But today was overall a positive experience, great programming and I got a lot out of this.

C.
3 Sets:
GHD Plank x :60
Rest as needed
Face Pulls (25#) x 20 reps
Rest as needed

-Complete

D.
3 Sets:
Side Lateral Raise (2 x 15# DB) x 10 reps
Rest as needed
Single Leg KB Dead-lift (35#) x 16 reps (8 each leg)
Rest as needed

-Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment