Tuesday, January 11, 2022

1/12/22

Today was a difficult workout. Not in the traditional sense... I had some extreme knee pain in my right leg today ... I hurt it two days ago while working on my house and it has actually gotten worse, not better, in the last two days. Tried to squat through it... didn't work out well for me ... I had to modify the vast majority of this workout due to extreme pain in my knee ... I've already been working through achilles tendinitis, so this was a tough pill to swallow today, particularly when I am super excited to lift heavy and gain a bit of strength this training cycle... hopefully this is an acute inflammatory injury and will be over soon. Got in modified stuff and then cut out all accessory movements (all leg movements) and did a cardio workout to just burn off steam. 

 A.

Back Squat

3 sets x 5 reps @ 75% (470 x .9 = 423 x .75.= 315#)

75% of your one rep max back squat.


-Only got 1 set... powered through these 5 reps and called it due to extreme pain


B.

Bench Press

3 sets x 2 reps @ 90% (250#)

90% of your one rep max bench press.


-Complete... got these reps easily


C.

Back Squat

2-3 sets x 10 reps

Lighter working sets. Lower the weight to a number that will have you reaching near failure at 10 reps.


-D/N Complete ... modified to 3x12 banded Spanish squats ... these actually gave my knee a ton of relief


D.

Sumo Deadlift

2 sets x 10-15 reps

You can choose the amount of reps as long as it is within the suggested range.


-255# x 10, 275# x 10


E.

4 RFT:

250m Ski

10 Supine Leg Lifts (3 second eccentric)


Rest 3:00


4 RFT:

500m Assault Bike

10 Floor Wipers (135#) (1+1 = 1 rep)


-Complete ... this took about 18 minutes with the rest ... was good to move after the extremely upsetting pain when squatting.

No comments:

Post a Comment