Friday, January 21, 2022

1/22/22

Today was a decent session. Bummed about my DL attempts, but I got a little greedy trying to push myself and missed a rep. I need to be realistic about where my numbers are at right now. Regardless, I had a great workout, squatting felt super solid. Looking forward to rest tomorrow and hitting it hard come next week.

A.

Back Squat

4 sets x 3 reps (used 360# last week)

Add either 0, 5 or 10 pounds to what you did the last time you used this set/rep scheme (depending on how it felt in the previous week and how you feel today).


-370# across for 4x3 ... 10# over last week, all reps felt very solid


B.

Conventional Deadlift

2 sets x 1 rep

Up to daily max for two heavy singles. (up to 505# last week)


-475#, 505#, 520# (fail) ... I wanted that first single at 475# to be my last warm-up set ... 505# felt super easy, so I jumped up to 520# and it felt extremely heavy off the floor, didn't get it above my shins... unfortunate, but I will get another chance at this next week.


C.

Sumo Deadlift

2 sets x 1 rep

Up to daily max for two heavy singles. (up to 385# last week)


-385#, 405#


D.

Lying, Seated or Partner Hamstring Curls

2 sets x 6-10 reps

Come as close to failure as possible with out actually failing, within the given rep range.


-2x10 with 1 green + 1 black band, seated


E.

Barbell Curls

2 sets x 6-12 reps

You can choose the amount of reps as long as it is within the suggested range.


-2x10 with 95#


F.

Hammer Curls

2 sets x 6-12 reps

Aim to reach failure within the given rep range.


-2x12 with 2x35# DB


G.

1. Flutter kicks

2 sets,

• 30 seconds on/ 15 seconds off

• 25 seconds on/ 15 seconds off

• 20 seconds on/ 15 seconds off

• 15 seconds on/

rest 1:00 minute between sets


2. Reverse hyperextension (on bench)

• As many reps as possible (AMRAP) – 2 minutes ,whilst maintaining good posture and technique.


-Complete ... this was surprisingly difficult ... flicker kicks were manageable, but the reverse hypers for 2 minutes straight was brutal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment