Wednesday, February 22, 2023

02/24/23

Currently traveling for a bachelor party... not really ideal conditions to get in a peak 'Open' performance... but I got into a gym today and was overall happy with my performance. I was a little bummed about the thruster, but I took an aggressive jump and failed a rep... but overall happy with how things went, mostly because I don't think I would have done much better had I been in my home gym. Not sure where I'm going to fall out on the leaderboard on part A... I don't think my score is going to be great, hopefully will make up some room on the leaderboard with the thruster weight. Added in some accessory on the spot afterward. 

A.
23.2 A:

Complete as many reps as possible in 15 minutes of:
5 burpee pull-ups
10 shuttle runs (1 rep = 25 ft out/25 ft back)
*Add 5 burpee pull-ups after each round.

23.2 B:

Immediately following 23.2A, athletes will have 5 minutes to establish:

1-rep-max thruster (from the floor)

-Result = 
133 Reps (5 Rounds + 8 Burpee Pull-ups) ... just tried to remain consistent here throughout the workout... not sure how/if I could improve, burpee pull-ups definitely got my HR up more than the shuttle runs... not the most fun workout I've ever done. 
257# Thruster (missed 272#) ... went 187#, 237#, and then 257#... 257# felt very easy, took an aggressive jump to 272# and almost had it, probably should have done 267#, but overall happy with this weight regardless... powerlifting in my basement for most of 2020/2021 didn't result in my overhead strength getting much better... haven't been doing much jerking/push-pressing etc. to build my overhead strength, so 257# is pretty realistic for me right now. 


B.
3 Sets:
DB Overhead Tricep Extensions
3x15 w/ 50# 

-Complete

C.
Diamond Push-ups
3x12 

-Complete

D.
DB Rows
3x10/arm with 75# DB

-Complete

E.
DB Side Lateral Raises 
2x10 with 2x15# DB

-Complete

F.
Bent-over DB Side Lateral Raises
2x10 with 2x15# DB

-Complete

G.
Seated DB Hammer Curls
3x10 with 2x40# DB

-Complete

H.
3 Super-Sets:
10 Bent-over BB Rows (135#)
10 Bodyweight Rows
10 BB Curls (45#)
Rest :60

-Complete

I.
Every 2 for 10 (5 sets) of:
'Durante Core' (10 hollow-rocks, 10 v-ups, 10 tuck-ups, :10 hollow hold)

-Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment