Monday, May 19, 2014

5/19/14


Today was my first day back at training hard. Over the last 14 days I only elevated my heart rate twice. It was restorative in a way, but I was also terribly stressed out and sick most of that time. But I'm back now and was able to do what I love to do. The metcon today was terrible, I didn't want to do it and it sucked from the first set. I was nauseous afterward and the walk home from the gym was slow, felt like a zombie I was so wrecked. It'll probably take a little time for my body to get back into the swing of things. Overall, I'm happy to be back and the lifting felt great. 

A. 
1 RM Weighted Strict Pull-up

-53#, 72#, 88#, 96# (PR) - I haven't done this in a really long time. Felt surprisingly strong. 

B. 
Snatch - 70% (155#) x 3 x 5
Snatch Pull - 100% (of snatch) (225#) x 4 x 5
Pause back squat - 55% (225#) x 5 x 5

-The back squats were supposed to be about 50# heavier, but I kept the weight on the lower side given the workout I just did on Saturday and that I'm just getting back into things. 

C. 
3 RFT:
15 Thrusters (100#)
15 C2B Pull-ups

-8:30. This was horrible... the only thing I got unbroken was the first set of thrusters. I just felt out of shape and gasping the entire time. Lactic threshold is not there right now. Everything sucked, the legs, the shoulders, the grip, the lungs. Horrible time. But I guess there is no way to get back in shape then just going super fucking hard and dealing with the pain. Goal is to be able to do this unbroken by the end of the year! In the past I've gotten to almost finishing this in the 4 minute time cap, only had 5 reps left in the 2013 Open. I obviously didn't go as hard / I'm not conditioned enough for this shit right now after two weeks off. 

D.
Accessory Work:
Incline DB Bench Press – 3 sets x 15 Reps 

-Ended up being 15,12,9 @ 2 x 35# KB (:60 between sets). 

-There were two more accessory exercises, but I cut them out due to nausea/fatigue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment