Saturday, May 31, 2014

5/31/14

Today was a little frusturating... I feel great... my back is just messed up in a bad way. Had to limit the snatching / jerking and cut out the squat / stiff legged dead-lift all together. Really pissed me off a lot. On a positive note, I felt awesome on the running / burpees. I'm going to have to modify a lot of workouts over this summer... just need to focusing on getting back to full health at this point.

A.
3 Rounds, not for time:
50 Double-unders
6 Muscle-ups
15m handstand walk

-Complete

B.
Snatch - build up to a heavy single

-Singles: 195#, 205#, 215#, 225# (fail) wasn't feeling great on this, back started tightening up once I got over 200#.

C.
Rack Jerk - build up to a heavy single

-Singles: 185#, 225#, 245# (fail), 245#. I can't believed I missed 245#... my max push-press is 260#... back was feeling so tight it was impossible get into a good position. Really frustrating. Got it for a single and then called it there.

D.
4 Rounds, each for time:
660m Run
8 Push-Press (135#)
16 Bar-facing-burpees
Rest 5 minutes.

-This was great conditioning, it was supposed to be a lot heavier, but I had to modify. Still got a really solid workout out of this. Each round was about 4:00-4:45... running got a lot slower on the last two rounds.

E.
3 Sets:
8 Lying DB Extension (2 x 40#)
+ Immediately after last set: max reps DB floor press (2 x 40#) = 16 reps

-Tricep Pump!

No comments:

Post a Comment