Friday, May 2, 2014

5/2/14

Today was a pretty fun evening session. Long day at law school... last thing I wanted to do was workout at 7 pm. But once I got in the gym I had a really great time with great people. Testing out the workouts and strategizing, a nice change from the hardcore training session we've been doing. I'm excited for tomorrow... but also not looking forward to those strict HSPU.

A.
“Regionals Team Event 2″
8-minutes for each member of the team to establish a 1-RM Hang Snatch – no team member may take more than 2 attempts.
Practice the loads that you intend to attempt in competition…which you practiced earlier this week if you were following the program.

-Opened with 205# hit it easy, got under 225#, but missed it. I really want to nail this. I think 205# for a hang snatch is a PR. But I'm not sure.

B.
When the running clock hits 10:00…
“Regionals Team Event 3″
Each team member has 60 seconds to perform a max distance handstand walk in one unbroken attempt.

-This is actually not totally shitty. Probably got about 20 feet! Technically a PR?

C.
Performed as individuals, for time:
15/12/9 Muscle-Ups
15/12/9 Ground to Overhead (135/95 lbs)

If you know which rep scheme you will be performing, do that. If you do not know which you will be performing, perform the highest volume rep scheme that you may possibly be asked to accomplish. Note two times – time to completion through muscle-ups, and total time to completion.

-Did the set of 12... easy stuff. Low rings are stupid, but I got used to it.


D. 
"Regionals Team Event 4" 
50/40/30 Thrusters / 10/8/6 Rope Climbs

-We did this very fast, I have a lot of confidence in my team for this event. Great stuff, fun times. Burned the fuck out of my leg on the rope climbs... going to wear my compression tights next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment