Sunday, July 20, 2014

7/20/14

Today was a great session. Got in some of the lifting I wanted to and then did the metcon off the board. It was a really fun session with good people, great time and I felt really strong and fit! Pumped to hit it tomorrow!

A.
Every 4 minutes for 20 minutes (5 sets):
10 Front Racked Reverse Lunges (220# / 100 kg)
5 Bench Press (198# / 90 kg)

-Lunges were MUCH harder than the bench press... felt really strong on the bench. This is the most I've ever done for front racked lunges, zero pain in the back, still no heavy squats yet. Probably won't fuck around with that until I get back to the states.

Rest 10 minutes then...

B.
EMOM 5 Minutes:
1 Bench Press (220# / 100 kg)

-Complete, felt really strong, all reps done easily, wanted to keep going for 10, but was time constrained.

Active Rest 30 minutes / long warm-up with class then...

C.
5 RFT:
20 Pistols
40 Double-unders
20 Pull-ups

-13.48. Pistols in my inov8s sucked... but I shouldn't be dependent on weightlifting shoes. Pistols unbroken at a solid pace, missed a couple DUs, 4 rounds of pull-ups unbroken, last set was 11/5/2/1/1... went to complete failure because the coach here was just yelling at me to finish the workout haha, motivating stuff. One thing he said was sooooo funny: "Don't a take a break, Khalipa would take a break... Rich Froning wouldn't!!!" I was literally laughing during the workout, great stuff, had a great time and got a great workout out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment