Wednesday, July 2, 2014

7/2/14


Today was insane. I looked at the workout before going into the gym without really thinking much about it. I was really happy to PR my hang power clean, but part D was fucking insane. My training partners literally bailed on it and I went at it alone. I added in about 1000 calories to my PWO meal, grabbed some chocolate milk on the walk home. I felt I needed it after this effort. Huge work capacity and mental battle today, great stuff. This is what it is all about, day in and day out hard work. Much needed rest day tomorrow.

A.
Every 2 minutes, for 16 minutes (8 sets):
Halting Clean Deadlift + Hang Power Clean + Power Clean
Build over the course of the 8 sets.

-2 minutes @ 225#
-2 minutes @ 245#
-2 minutes @ 255#
-1 minute @ 265#
-1 minute @ 275# (Hang Power Clean PR)

-Felt awesome here, great session.

B.
3 Sets:
10 Back Squats (135#)
15 Reverse Hypers (50#)
Rest as needed

-This felt really good on my back/hip, no pain.

C.
EMOM 10:
3 Dead-lifts (300#)

-This also felt fine on my back/hip. A very slight bit of tightness, wouldn't max this shit out right now, but it is definitely improving.

D.
Four sets for times of:
Row 1000 Meters
20 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
30 Wall Ball Shots (30/20 lbs)
40 Russian Kettlebell Swings (32/24 kg)
Rest exactly 4 minutes

-8:03, 10:01, 11:04, 11:33. Huge effort on this. C2B Pull-ups were unbroken, 10/5/5, 10/5/5, 5/5/5/5. WBs and Swings were kind of a shit-show, just tried to get them done, don't remember exactly how I went about it. This workout kicked my ass, but it would probably kick anyone's ass. It was a big effort, really fun/tough workout. Great way to enjoy my fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment