Saturday, July 26, 2014

7/25/14

Today was awesome, I got to train with Numi Katrinarson. He is following an O-lifting cycle, so I just jumped in with him and did whatever he was doing. Our max lifts are close, so we were sharing a bar which was really cool. We worked up to a medium-heavy single on Snatch, then we were both feeling good on clean and jerk so we pushed it. We both PRed at 289#, really fun day, amazing people. I'm really lucky to get to do stuff like this. I love crossfit Nordic, it is an awesome place. 

A. 
Snatch: medium heavy single. 

-Worked up from 95# through ~210#, resting as needed. Everything felt really solid, no missed reps. 

B. 
Clean and Jerk: max 

-Worked up from 135# to 289#, resting as needed. Everything felt really solid here too, I missed the jerk at 289# once... did it again and got it. I was really happy with zero pain in my back between yesterday and today's squatting, looks like my back/hip is healing up nicely. My previous PR was 285#... obviously I was stoked today. 289# is the most I've ever gotten overhead... 300# soon... 

C. 
Back Squat - 3 x 3 @ ~315# 

-This was the first back squatting I've done in a long time... no pain, felt solid. This is no where near my max or heavy at all... but happy about the lack of pain in the movement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment