Friday, June 12, 2015

6/12/15

This morning was good training. Nothing maximal and no crossfit-style metcon, just lots of good quality reps. I like that I left the gym not feeling completely thrashed. Had to modify a bunch of stuff today, but I was okay with that... just did what I could given my injury.

A.
Four sets of:
Bench Press @ 70% (185#) x 6 reps
Strict C2B Pull-ups x 6 reps
Rest 2 minutes between sets

-Complete. Lighter weight here, but felt pretty good.

B.
Six sets of:
Snatch Grip Push-Press x 4 Reps (touch and go - no dropping between reps)
Rest as needed

-Complete, 185# across. Didn't push the loading, just went for consistent reps. Really wanted to full snatch ... but laying off it.

C.
Four sets of:
Bulgarian Split Squat (2 x 50# DB) x 8 reps
Rest 90 seconds
Seated Strict Dumbbell Press (2 x 50# DB) x 8 reps
Rest 90 seconds

-Complete ... this is much harder than it looked on paper ... looking forward to more training like this.

D.
Three sets of:
Glute-Ham Raises x 8 reps @ 3011
Rest as needed
Weighted Plank (45#) x 60 seconds
Rest as needed

-Complete ... this was a total bitch ... haven't been planking much in the last few months and I really felt it. This was probably the most I've ever made planks hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment