Wednesday, June 17, 2015

6/17/15

Today was a pretty shitty workout. I got some good conditioning out of the last part, but I was too injured to do 75% of the programmed work today. This just frustrates me and makes me not even want to be in the gym. Between my usual warm-up and mobility work plus parts A-C my time in the gym just seemed like a 90 minute warm-up until part D started.

A.
Every 90 seconds, for 15 minutes (10 sets):
High Hang Clean + Power Clean + Clean
Build over the course of the ten sets.

-Used 135# through the entire 15 minutes ... usually would start something like this around 225# ... but given that cleaning with "heavier" loads really hurt me last week, just wanted to go very light and focus on moving well.

B.
4 Sets of:
20 Lateral Steps with Sling Shot (10 right, 10 left)
Rest as needed

-This was supposed to be back squatting.

C.
3 Sets of:
20 Suit-case Dead-lifts (70# DB) (10 right, 10 left)

-Complete, always feels good on my SI joint. This was supposed to be speed deadlifting.

D.
Four sets for times of:
10 Thrusters (135/95 lbs)
20 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
30 Russian Kettlebell Swings (32/24 kg)
40 Double-Unders
Rest 4 minutes

-2:40, 3:40, 3:50, ? ... didn't get the time on the last set, also had to sub-in burpees for the C2B pull-ups on the final set because I tore my hand very badly on the 3rd set. This was a good workout and going unbroken on the first set was really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment