Tuesday, June 23, 2015

6/23/15

This morning was a really good training session. I was really happy that I didn't have to scale anything because everything was upper-body stuff today. Any day I can go 100% and not scale is a good day to me. Really pushed the lifting and the metcon, got a lot out of today. I was a little uneasy going back into the gym after basically 5 days off and TONS of unhealthy food and one night of hard drinking. But my body felt very recovered and fresh and I was happy to be able to go push it in the gym today.

A.
Every minute, on the minute, for 12 minutes:
Minute 1 – Strict Toes to Bar x 8 reps @ 3110
(these should be slow and controlled)
Minute 2 – Handstand Walk x 45 seconds
Minute 3 – Unbroken Double-Unders x 40 reps

-Complete, best handstand walking I've ever done.

B.
Every two minutes, for 16 minutes (8 sets):
Push Press + Power Jerk + Split Jerk
Rest 2 minutes
Build over the course of the 8 sets.

-185#, 205#, 215#, 225#, 225#, 235#, 245# (failed push-jerk), 245# ... this was good training, I think my PR for this is 255#, with dropping the bar on jerk blocks between each movement ... today hit the 245# touch and go without dropping. Felt fast on the jerks, shoulders felt great.

C.
One set of:
Strict Overhead Press x 10 reps @ 65-70% (125-135#) of 1-RM

-Complete, got all 10 reps at 70% (135#) this time. For the last two weeks I was stuck at 135# x 8 reps. I think this is a 10 RM PR.

D.
Every 12 minutes, for 24 minutes (2 sets) of:
Run 660 Meters
15/10 Muscle-Ups
Run 660 Meters

-7:57, 8:32. This was TOUGH training. I felt good and really pushed it, loved running on a hot Chicago morning. First set was 10/5 ... second set was 8/4/2/1 ... really surprised that I had to go to a fucking single on the last set, I was trying to go 8/4/3 with very little rest, but that just didn't happen. Great morning in the gym ... looking forward to more training tomorrow, but also dreading the fact I'm going to have to scale a ton of shit ... anyway, great day in the gym today, the best I've had in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment