Wednesday, August 12, 2015

8/12/15

Today was the first real training I've done in a while. Got in the gym at 5 am ... haven't done that since before the bar exam. Was good to train with my usual training partners and push it. Today didn't wreck me as bad as I thought it would.

A.
Every minute, on the minute, for 12 minutes:
Minute 1 – Nose-to-Wall Handstand x :40 seconds
Minute 2 – Weighted V-Ups (45#) x 12 reps
(hold weight overhead for these sets)
Minute 3 – Strict Ring to Sternum Pull Ups x 6 reps

-Complete, was a good warm-up.

B.
Every minute, on the minute, for 24 minutes (8 sets) of:
Minute 1 – 30 Double-Unders + 10 Pull-Ups
Minute 2 – 10 Front-Racked Alternating Reverse Lunges (115/75 lbs)
Minute 3 – 12 Push Press (115/75 lbs)

-Complete ... wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I guess I'm not as out of shape as I thought. All movements that don't hurt my back, so that was nice to just go hard and push it without scaling a bunch of shit.

C.
On a 6:00 clock (3 sets) of:
Weighted Plank (45#) x :45 seconds
Rest 1:15 seconds

-Complete ... this hurt more than anything else today ... probably should have just done unweighted planks today.

No comments:

Post a Comment