Monday, August 17, 2015

8/17/15

 Today was some decent training. I was mildly hungover yesterday and I traveled and barely slept all day today ... so I was a little antsy getting into the gym, but once I started moving I felt very good. I got a great workout out of today.

A.
Five sets of:
Narrow-Grip Overhead Squat (power cleaned + jerked from floor) x 3 reps @ 3311
Strict C2B Pull-ups x 6 reps
Rest 2 minutes between sets
(goal is to set your hands in your jerk-grip position or even narrower, slowly descend and hold the bottom position for 3 full seconds)

-135#, 165#, 185#, 205#, 215#

B.
I.
Every minute, on the minute, for 5 minutes:
High Hang Snatch x 1 rep @ 70% (165#)
(perform a snatch deadlift, then descend to proper high hang position, pause for two seconds, then snatch)

Rest 60 seconds, and then…

II.
Every minute, on the minute, for 5 minutes:
Power Snatch from 2″ Below the Knee x 1 rep @ 75% (185#)
(always start with a full snatch deadlift, then slowly descend to 2″ below the knee, pause, then snatch)

Rest 60 seconds, and then…

III.
Every minute, on the minute, for 5 minutes:
Power Snatch x 1 rep @ 85% (205#)

-Complete ... best I've felt snatching in a while. Was fun to lift heavy-ish on the minute.

C.
Every 5 minutes for 25 minutes (five sets of):
40 Calories of Rowing
7 Ring Muscle-Ups


-2:40, 2:50, 3:10, 3:19, 3:29 ... this was a tough session. Goal was to maintain 2:00 rows and get all the muscle-ups unbroken. I was on shitty metal rings and still got the muscle-ups unbroken. My row time suffered a lot over time, but overall I got a lot out of this, big effort and great training.

D.
Three sets of:
Dumbbell  Extensions (2 x 35# DB) x 8 reps
Rest as needed
Standing Snow Angles (back against wall) x 12 reps
Rest as needed
2 Minutes of Couch Stretch (1 min each side)
Rest as needed

-Complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment