Saturday, August 13, 2016

8/13/16

AM Workout (1030) 

I felt pretty beat up and tired when I woke up this morning. I didn't particularly want to train, but this weekend Saturday invictus session is one of the best workouts I get all week. Really glad I didn't skip this workout due to fatigue. Once I got rolling I got a ton of intensity out of this and really pushed outside my comfort zone.

A.
Every minute, on the minute, for 12 minutes (4 sets):
Interval 1 – Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups x 12 unbroken reps
Interval 2 – 30 Double-Unders + 8 Strict Handstand Push-Ups
Interval 3 – 15 Meter Handstand Walk

-Complete, very solid warm-up. Felt much better after getting through this.

B.
Three rounds for time of:
8 Squat Cleans (185/125lb.)
10 Muscle-Ups
400 meter run

Rest 5 minutes then. . .

For time:
Row 60/40 Calories
400 meters Farmers Carry (24/16kg)
Row 60/40 Calories

Rest 5 minutes then. . .

For time:
21-15-9 reps of:
Overhead Squat (135/95lb.)
Burpee Over Barbell

-15:25
-13:10
-7:00

-First part was singles for cleans, this is the heaviest squat cleaning I've done in a long time. Didn't go very fast, but kept the pace consistent. Muscle-ups were unbroken / unbroken / 6/4 ... runs were SLOW.
-This farmer's walk was the worst thing ever ... had to drop the weights like 8 times.
-Before starting the last metcon I just straight up wanted to quit. I didn't want to do this. Went 12/9 ... 8/7 ... and unbroken for the OHS ... I was extremely fatigued by the time I got here. I was completely wrecked by end of this. Great conditioning and mental toughness training.

C.
10 Minutes Cool-Down Stretching

-Complete

PM Workout (1830) 

~35-40 Minute Easy Run ... felt pretty solid throughout. Didn't time anything or calculate the distance, just went based off of feel and enjoyed myself. Great way to end this week's training.

No comments:

Post a Comment