Tuesday, August 2, 2016

8/2/16

This morning was as a solid session ... first back squatting I've done in a very long time. Really tried to hammer out good positions and not worry about going heavy. Metcon tossed me... left me really taxed, haven't been doing much barbell stuff with my legs, I could really feel it today.

A.
Back Squat – Work up to tough single
Then 80% of today’s single for 3x3

-Single = 345#
-80% 3x3 = 275# ... got all reps very easily, was just feeling things out. 

B.
EMOM 20:
Odd: 10 Hang Squat Clean (115/85#)
Even: 6/4 Muscle-ups (scale as needed)
-If you miss a round, take the next minute off and then begin on the following minute

-Finished 9 Rounds (7 unbroken, then 7/3 and 6/4 on cleans for last two sets) ... got over to the final set of cleans at about 18:40 (:40 into the last set) and just called it. I also ripped my hand on the muscle-ups, so that was another factor in why I called it. Really tough conditioning... will re-test this eventually to try to get all 10 rounds unbroken. 

C.
2 Sets:
Bulgarian Split Squats (2 x 35# DB) x 10 reps each leg
Rest as needed
GHD Back Extension x 10 reps 
Rest as needed


-Complete ... went super light here... my legs were destroyed from part B. 

No comments:

Post a Comment