Thursday, August 4, 2016

8/5/16

AM Workout (0600) 

This morning was a pretty rough workout ... I didn't feel particularly great. I haven't been dead-lifting or front squatting much at all due to my injury, so doing this at high intensity at a moderate load was kind of rough. Definitely felt much more taxing than I thought it would. Did this in a bodybuilding gym with no chalk, so dead-lifts took a little bit more time than they usually would, sweaty bar was hard to hold on to. It was good to do the squats/deadlifts in front of a mirror to check my form and butt wink, made me slow down and really focus in on moving well. Overall got a lot out of this, left me pretty tired by the end of it.

A.
For time:
10,9,8,7...1
Body Weight Bench (185#)
1.5 Body Weight Dead-lift (275#)
Body Weight Front Squat (185#)

-30:08 ... much more difficult than I thought it would be. Getting back into deadlifting and squatting is rough.

B.
3 Sets:
Strict Weighted Dips (35)# x 8 Reps
Rest as needed

-Complete

C.
3 Super-Sets:
20 Rope Tricep Push-Downs
10 Barbell Curls
Rest as needed

-Complete ... just went for a pump here, don't remember the loads I used

D.
3 Sets:
10 Cable Cross-Overs (50# each side)
Rest as needed

-Never done these before, definitely a different stimulus than anything I've gotten through crossfit.

PM Workout (1630) 

Had a solid session this afternoon. Wasn't really planning on training a second time, but I looked up the class workout on my drive home from work and it looked solid. Gave it a go. I enjoyed it and got some good intensity out of it.

For time:
27 Calorie Row
27 Burpees-over-the-bar
27 Dead-lifts (185#)
27 Push-ups
27 Box Jumps (24")
27 HSPU
27 Box Jumps (24")
27 Push-ups
27 Dead-lifts (185#)
27 Burpees-over-the-bar
27 Calorie Row

-16:53 ... good cardio, had a good time doing this with the class. Not too taxing. HSPU were rough after this morning, didn't have much push in my shoulders/triceps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment