Monday, August 15, 2016

8/16/16

AM Workout (0500) 

Had a pretty shit workout this morning... I was just feeling tired and beat up, my back was tight, my right shoulder hurts and I was lifting with this totally shitty rusty barbell that had zero spin in it. I've never used such a bad barbell before. It made every clean feel like a muscle-clean. Fucking terrible. I wanted to sleep in today and probably should have. I was not feeling the gym at all. Forced myself into the gym and didn't have a good session.

A.
15 Minutes: 
Build to today’s ‘heavy’ Back Squat x 1 rep 

-Built up to a very easy 365# ... kept numbers low here. 

B.
Every 2 for 6 (3 sets):
Back Squat x 80% (295#) of today’s heavy single

-Complete

C.
On a running clock:

Every 2 for 6 (3 sets):
High Hang Power Clean x 3 reps (60% = 185#)

-Complete

Every 2 for 6 (3 sets):
High Hang Power Clean + Hang Power Clean (70% = 225#)

-Complete

Every 2 for 6 (3 sets):
Power Clean x 2 (80% = 255#)

-Complete

Every 2 for 10 (5 sets):
Clean Pull x 2 (85-90% = 265-285#)

-275# Across ... cleaning felt horrible overall today... a stark contract from last week. I think it was mostly due to the barbell I was using. 

C.
EMOM 21 (7 sets):
12 x GHD Sit-ups
12 x Alternating KB Lunges in Farmer's Carry (24/16 KG)
50 x Double-Unders

-Complete ... this was the easiest conditioning I've done in a long time, probably necessary given how shit I've felt yesterday and today.

PM Workout (1730) 

I felt better working out this afternoon ... albeit the workout itself was much easier. Jumped in a class workout and just had fun with it while going as hard as possible.

A.
Bulgarian Split Squats - 4 sets of 16 (8 each leg) @ 2 second descent, 1 second hold in bottom, 1 second up

-Used 2 x 44# KB in each had across, was going to increase weight each set, but the tempo was a bitch. This was good, usually don't do these with a strict tempo.

B.
On a Running Clock:
AMRAP 6 Minutes:
10 KB Dead-lifts (2 x 44# KB)
10 KB Box Step-ups (2 x 44# KB)

Rest 4:00, then at 10:00...

AMRAP 6 Minutes:
10 Wall-balls (20#)
20 Double-Unders

-5 Rounds
-8 Rounds + 10 Wall-balls 

No comments:

Post a Comment