Saturday, August 27, 2016

8/27/16

Been taking so much time off this past week, felt weird to go into the gym in order to do a hard training session. I have to say though, my body felt great on everything. This low volume week has been very good for me. Need to keep putting these de-load weeks in instead of running my body into the ground. Brook Wells was randomly dropping in the gym today and she worked out with our 'competitor class.' We typically follow Invictus for these Saturday sessions, but she follows Bergeron's training, so we all did that instead. It ended up being a great workout.

A.
2 Sets, not for time:
2 Legless Rope Climbs
4 Muscle-ups + 2 Ring Dips
30 Foot Handstand Walk
Rest as needed

-Complete, solid warm-up.

B.
EMOM 14:
Odd: 2 Snatches (205#/145#)
Even: 2 Power Clean and Push-Jerk (245#/165#)

-Complete ... this was 2-3 reps, but I just did 2 consistently across ... this was fun and different training, felt very solid on this.

C.
'Eva'
5 RFT:
800m Run
30 KBS (72/53#)
30 Pull-ups

-35:24 ... I've never actually done this workout, I have seen it around for a long time, it is definitely an old school crossfit workout. Did this with Brook Wells and was ahead of her for 3 rounds, she passed me during the end of that 3rd round / beginning of 4th round. Given that she just came off a 6th place finish at the 2016 Crossfit Games, I don't feel very bad about that; I think she ended up beating me by about 2 minutes. Her kipping pull-ups were faster than anyone I've ever seen. I got a good push out of this, I have been training by myself a lot lately and it was fun to have someone to really push me. Got a lot of intensity out of this and I'm excited to get back into some more consistent training on Monday.

D.
20 Minute ROMWOD

-Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment