Thursday, June 7, 2018

6/11/18

Had a great workout this morning... bit disappointing with not setting a PR in my heavy grace time, but overall given the lifting beforehand and last week's training volume it isn't surprising to me. Tried to give it my all, got a lot of intensity out of this, even without the PR, still had a great time.

A.
Iron Scap Protocol

-Complete

B.
Every 3 for 21 (7 sets) of*:
Clean Pull
Low Hang Power Clean
2 Front Squats
Split Jerk
*Build over the course of 7 sets

-135#, 185#, 205#, 225#, 245#, 265#, 275# ... low hang clean power clean at 275# was definitely a squat clean... other than that everything went well. Jerks didn't feel great... but got through them.

C.
“Heavy Grace”
For Time:
30 Clean and Jerks (225/155)

-10:18 ... this is always a fun workout... this was about 2 minutes slower than my last attempt at this (October 2015) ... but I was much more fresh at the time. I tried a lot of push-jerks today... last time I did split jerks for every rep... I probably wasted a lot of effort o the push-jerks here... but whatever. Still happy that I am able to do such a crazy workout, even if it wasn't a PR.

Rest about 15 minutes then...

D.
With a partner, 2 Rounds For Time:
18 Kipping Parallette Handstand Push-ups (45# plate and ab-mat)
30 Burpee Box Jump Overs (24/20)
42 Front Squats (205/145#)

-18:45... this was good conditioning, HSPU were tough, lots of volume on parallettes and we haven't been doing that much, but overall a fun workout.

E.
ROMWOD

-Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment