Friday, June 1, 2018

6/1/18

AM Workout (0645) 

Ran from my hotel near the center of Stuttgart about 10km (the second half of which was almost entirely up hill) to a nearby castle. 'Schloss Solitude.' This was pretty cool, not a very large castle, but beautiful landscape/building nonetheless, from the late 18th century. I didn't realize how much up hill this run was until the way down... was pretty epic starting in the downtown streets, through a smaller German village (Botnang) and finally finishing on single track in a forest to come out near this castle. I am proud of myself for planning such a great run on a whim! Total running time of 71 minutes, distance of approximately 15km? (started running back from the castle and then called it a day when I saw a coffee shop and a train station... got coffee and hopped on the train). Anyway, great aerobic training and amazing way to start the day. Still feel very fit despite just lifting a lot lately, which is always a great feeling. 

PM Workout (1700)

Hit up the Crossfit class here in Stuttgart, was a lower volume session, but had a good time overall. Nothing too crazy, but it was fun to bench press and move.

A.
Every 3 for 18 (6 sets):
Bench Press x 2 reps w/ 2 second descent @ 80% of 1 RM (220#)

-Complete... was a good challenge with the tempo, fun/different is always good.

B.
For time, with a partner, one partner working at a time:
150 Calorie Row
100 Bench Press (155#) (alternate every 5 reps)
50 Squat Cleans (155#) (alternate each rep)

-Complete ... took a little over 20:00 ... don't remember the exact time. Overall some good movement, but nothing too taxing. Worked out with this random German guy, he wasn't moving quite as fast me, so I definitely got a bit more rest. But after this morning I wasn't looking to wreck myself in the gym, so I didn't really mind. Good activity nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment