Monday, November 26, 2018

11/26/18

Today was a rough time in the gym... I'm in Camp Pendleton, completely stressed from life/traveling/work ... I can't seem to get a second away from my clients/life stress... it makes giving 100% in the gym very difficult... tried to shake it off and just go HAM... but I'm really having to grind out motivation to train at this point, especially without training partners. It really fucking sucks. Anyway, tried to get in what I could of the Invictus workout today... was tough in a shitty/crowded Marine Crops gym... but today looked like this: 

A.
Every 90 seconds for 12 minutes (8 sets):
Front Squat x 3 reps @ 70% (275#)

When the running clock reaches 12:00…

Every minute, on the minute, for 8 minutes:
5 Strict Handstand Push Ups

-Complete ... front squats went well, did these in nanos with no gear at all... still felt very strong ... the HSPU were rough... got 39 of 40 SHPU... I think it was the 6th minute I went to complete failure and couldn't push out the 5th rep... overall got a lot of intensity out of this, but fuck I suck at these.

B.
Five sets of:
Power Clean x 1.1.1
(rest 10 seconds between singles)
Rest as needed

Build over the course of the five sets to today’s heavy triple.

-Went 185#, 235#, 275#, 275#, 275# ... felt strong here ... 275# is becoming a 'comfort zone' for me on cleans. Great stuff.

C.
EMOM 20:
Odd: 18/15 Cal Row
Even: 10 Toes-to-Bar

-Complete ... felt very fit on this, if I would do this again I would try 20 cals and 12 TTB ... overall fun training here, not too taxing, but good aerobic work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment