Wednesday, August 14, 2019

8/17/19

Half Marathon / 13.1 miles ... ran the 'Ben Moore Memorial Half Marathon' in Annapolis, MD.

-1:59:39 (average pace of 9:07) ... overall this was a rough race for me... I think work/workouts/lack of sleep this week have caught up with me and I wasn't feeling particularly great today. Legs were still sore when we started this run. I felt fairly decent until about mile 9 or 10. Then it was a real huge effort to stay at a 9:00 mile pace. Not a great run for me, probably the worst I've had since starting this training program, but got through it and was very happy once it was over. This was a hilly course, lots of rolling hills... definitely felt them the last few miles.

Our goal for the marathon is sub 4:00 ... meaning the pace we just ran... given how much I gassed out towards the end of this, I really don't know if that is feasible, but I will keep trying to train to that pace and see what happens in October for the actual marathon.

Despite feeling like crap, this was a nice way to spend the morning with my wife and explore Annapolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment