Thursday, August 8, 2019

8/8/19

AM Workout (0630) 

The workout this morning was amazing... accomplished one of my life-long goals today. 20 unbroken ring muscle-ups! I think the upper body pressing program I did between march-june has really helped me build some capacity on gymnastics. Great to see this pay off. The last time I tested a max set of ring muscle-ups was December 16 2017. I hit 18 reps then. Really stoked to hit this, for a long time this seemed totally impossible. I remember back in 2012 when I was really trying to get to 10 unbroken reps and it seemed impossible. I am very grateful to be pain-free and able to push myself, that is what crossfit is all about to me.

A.
For time:
30 Ring Muscle-ups*

*Must do an unbroken set to begin that is also a score for the workout

-Result =

20 Unbroken (PR by 2 reps) / 4:30 total time (remaining 10 reps went 3/3/2/1/1) with a failure on the last single I did, had to attempt another rep

B.
6 Mile Run

-About 53 minutes total running, clock an 8:55 pace for this

C.
ROMWOD

-Complete

PM Workout (1715) 

Traveled down to New Orleans today for a case tomorrow... knocked out a quick pump in the hotel gym for fun. Put it together on the spot, got a decent pump.

A.
Seated DB Shoulder Press
10x10
Rest :90

-Sets 1-4 were with 2 x 50#, set 5 was with 2 x 45#, sets 6-10 were with 2 x 40# ... this smoked my shoulders completely ... forgot how difficult this was... my shoulders completely gassed out and I had to drop down the weights.

B.
10 Super-Sets:
Wide-Grip Tricep Push-downs x 10 reps
DB Curls x 10 reps
Rest :90

-Complete ... can't remember the weights for push-downs, curls went 2 x 25# ... no missed reps, might have been able to go heavier, but got a thick pump

C.
3 Sets:
DB Tricep Extensions x 15 reps
Rope Cable Curls x 15 reps
Rest :60

-Complete ... 2 x 20# for the extensions, don't remember the weight on the curls

D.
In as few sets as possible, start at 50# and drop 5# every time you reach failure:
100 Tricep Rope Push-Downs

-Complete. I think I was down to 15# for the last 15 reps ... massive pump ... always a fun/old-school finisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment