Thursday, September 15, 2011

9/15/2011

Today was VERY different. Today was the first time I've ever done WOD then lifted. I took about a 10 minute break between the WOD and the lifting, but I still felt crappy on the lifting in comparison to doing it fresh. This is the first and last time I'll be doing my WOD first. Despite how I crappy I felt I set a PR. Anyway, today looked like this:

'Mary'
AMRAP 20 minutes:
5 HSPU
10 Pistols (alternating legs)
15 Pull-ups

Score: 8 Rounds and 4 HSPU. I got all my pull-ups unbroken. And the pistols went really fast as well. I got the first 5 sets of HSPU unbroken, then it was 3/2 until the last round when it was 3/1... time. Overall a solid performance, I'd like to do this again once I've got kipping HSPUs down. All my reps today were strict.

Rest 10 minutes then...

3 Position Clean @ 65% (177 lb) - Floor, Below Knee, High Hang -3 reps x 5 sets
Clean Pulls @ 100% (260 lb) x 3 x 2
Clean Grip Dead-lift @ 100% (260 lb) x 3 x 2
Behind the Neck Jerk - Heavy Single - Worked up to 220 lb. This was technically a PR, but my form on this movement is not perfect. I basically pressed the bar instead of getting under it. I have a long way to go on the jerk, front and behind. I've come a long way, but there is definitely still a lot of room for improvement. I'm going to video tape these next time to get some feedback on them.

Overall a solid session in the gym, despite the fact it was out of order.

No comments:

Post a Comment