Sunday, September 25, 2011

9/24/11

I've been super busy between school and work. I had a ton of obligations toward the end of this week and had to shift some of my workouts around. I wasn't planning on taking 2 days off, but it worked out. My body needed the rest. I feel pretty good, I've really upped my calories and it's helping. I'm setting a lot of PRs and feeling good in the gym. I had school obligations all this morning and I couldn't get into the gym before it closed. So I decided to go for a run to a pull-up bar and get some activity in. It wasn't crazy, but a little more intense than active recovery. It ended up looking like this:

23:30 Run to a pull-up bar
Dead-hang Pull-up Pyramid - 7,6,5...1..5,6,7 - 7 Push-ups after every set of pull-ups
18:00 Run back

After the push/pull I messed around with the bar attempting bar muscle-ups and 'college-boy rolls.' I made a lot of progress on the bar muscle-up. I almost got a rep, I need a little coaching on it. The runs felt surprisingly good. There were rolling hills the entire time and I felt light on my feet. Overall a good day, it's nice to get a longer run in from time to time. I've really come full circle with my running. In the past running had been the base of my fitness. I considered how fit I was off my running times. Now, running to me is merely a skill like double-unders. It is something I need to be efficient and good at, but it is not a supreme measure of my fitness. It's still fun to get lost in my own head on a long run or have a great conversation with someone on a run, but I definitely view my relationship to running much differently than I have in the past.

Closer to regionals I will definitely ramp up my running and rowing, but for now it's all about strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment