Sunday, September 25, 2011

9/25/2011

Today was so awesome. I said last Wednesday was the best session I've had in the gym, but today was just as good. I got a body weight snatch, a 30 lb PR. It went up easy and felt good. I probably could have gone heavier. I will be soon! Today looked like this:

Snatch - Max for the day - Singles: 155, 165, 175, 185. - I nailed 165 like it was nothing. I missed 175 three times before getting it easy. I then went to 185, my body weight, and missed it twice. On the third time I got under it and nailed it easy. It didn't feel that heavy, I just wasn't receiving the bar in the right spot. I almost put on 190, but due to time constraints left it 185. I will soon PR again. I was so happy about this. All this time in the gym and technique work is paying off. Can't wait for a 200 lb snatch!

Rest 10 minutes then for time....

3 Rounds:
10 Power Clean and Jerk @ 155#
15 Toes to Bar
20 Burpee Box Jumps 24"
800m Run

My time: 25.15. This was the fastest time of the day. I beat two decent athletes by about a minute. After the snatches the jerks were rough, but manageable. Today was overall a great session in the gym. I guess the extra rest really helped. I love to PR and lift heavy. Great day, excited for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment